A Busser is in charge of setting and clearing tables at a dining establishment to provide a clean and tidy environment for restaurant patrons. Their duties include removing used dishes, re-setting silverware and filling beverages for diners.
The busser will clear, sanitize, and set tables. The busser will also assist other team members by cleaning floors, assisting dishwasher, and maintaining all surfaces in the front of the house. The busser will also assist serving staff and hosting staff when needed.
• Understands all steps of service and dining room procedures
• Removes all dishes from table after guest has departed
• Clean, sanitize, and reset table
• Clean all chairs, booths, and floor area around table between each guest use
• Bring all dishware and glassware to dish area and place in respective areas
• Alert the host to open and clean tables
• Assist all servers throughout shift when needed
• Maintain service stations throughout shift
• Possess a knowledge of food and drinks served
• Perform all duties and responsibilities in a timely and effective manner
• Dispose of all trash properly
• Perform all daily, weekly, and monthly cleaning duties
• Maintain a professional, fun, and friendly attitude
• Maintain performance standards and motivates team through positive role modeling
• Performs additional responsibilities, although not detailed, as requested by a manager at any time
• This position will spend 100% of the time standing
• Adhere to restaurant uniform policy at all times
• Able to report to work as scheduled
• Occasional environmental exposures to cold, heat and water. As well as subject to loud noise.
• Must be able to transport up to 50 pounds on occasion and up to 35 pounds regularly.
• Reaches, bends, stoops, and wipes.